Friday, July 10, 2009

SECRET PASSAGES

***This is another frustration song, although I don't know that I'd say it's tinged with hope. Sorry.***

Slipping through my fingers,
Racing endlessly through my mind.
Every time I think I’m one step ahead
I find out I’m three steps behind.

I’ve got every reason in the world to be faith-full and free,
But I just can’t seem to find it in me!

(chorus)
Why does everyone know the secret passages but me?
Why can’t I break the lock and walk through the door?
Why don’t the pieces of this puzzle fit together?
Will I never know the feeling I felt before?

Swimming in tears,
Suffocating by sorrow,
The fears of today
Spoiling the hopes of tomorrow.

Playin’ hide-and-seek, come find me, can’t relax behind this hill.
Don’t even know quite what it means, but I want it still!

(chorus)

Searching the Rubik's cube and it’s all a dead end!
Through the telescope I’m seeing a star I know I’ll never touch.
Can’t get out of my mind, can’t get in it again…
Through the rear-view mirror, seeing everything backwards, and it’s too much!
(Can you tell me—)

(chorus)

(chorus)

No comments:

Post a Comment