Friday, July 10, 2009

I COULD'VE BEEN

***This angry and self-empowering song is for all the exes out there. I'm happily married now, so these feelings are long gone. But I'm sure anyone who's been jilted will at the very least relate. You don't have to like it.***

If you feel like you missed out on something amazing,
It’s because you did.
I put my heart out on the line
And like a coward you ran and hid.
My head spun in circles, I never knew quite what to say,
But it doesn’t really matter, you never did a thing about it, anyway!

(chorus)
I should’ve been the tune you sing!
I would’ve been your everything!
I could’ve been the one you dream of!
I could’ve been the one you love!
I could’ve been anything you wanted and everything you need,
But you didn’t even glance—
Oh! You should’ve given a chance
To all I could’ve been!

I tried to be patient while you tried on other girls,
But I’m through waiting.
Now that you’re way over there and I’m away over here,
There’s no time left for debating.
You thought I’d be around forever, then you blinked, and now I’m gone,
Why wasn’t who I am enough for you to act on?

(chorus)

You should’ve been more careful,
I should’ve been braver.
You would’ve been my first love,
I would’ve been there.
You could’ve been fun.
I could’ve been the one.
Oh, what we could’ve been!

(chorus)

No comments:

Post a Comment